Snap On Dentures
Snap-On Implant Dentures or Implant Supported Dentures
Patients want more out of life! Why wear a loose lower dentures! While most denture patients are satisfied with their upper denture, patients with lower loose dentures are left to complain about looseness, lack of stability, and/or difficulty eating. Which is why I call all lower dentures – a loose lower denture. However, patients can avoid this with as few as 2 implants placed in the lower jaw! If you are a patient in the Richardson, TX area Dr. Damon is here to serve you!
Security, Stability, and Increased Bite Force with Snap on Dentures!
Snap on Dentures - how to they work?
There are 2 types of implant prosthesis: Fixed (permanent) or Removable (snap on). The fixed approach requires 4-6 implants per arch, whereas the Snap on only requires 2 implants to stabilize the lower denture. This allows for a more cost-effective solution.
The lower Snap on Denture is secured to the implants by a “Locator” abutment, with “snaps” placed inside a lower denture. The connection is a “Locator insert” which is made of resilient nylon. This forcefully engages the locator so that the denture is secured to it. Older systems included O – Rings or magnets, but the Locator system is the most up to date “snap on” technology.
Benefits of Snap on Dentures vs Traditional
- No slippage of the denture
- Increased bite force – you can eat more harder food options
- Cost effective way at obtaining dental implants for a full arch solution.
How does the process work / What is the timeline?
- Step 1 – Consultation and Xray
- Step 2 – Fabrication of your temporary prosthesis
- Step 3 – Surgery – Placement of the 2 implants and Tooth removal (if needed) under IV Sedation
- Step 4 – Wait 4 months for implants to integrate
- Step 5 – Small Minor procedure to uncover the implants, place locator abutments, and begin making your metal reinforced final snap on dentureWhat about Snap on Dentures for the top jaw (Maxilla)
What About Implants for the Top Jaw?
Dr. Damon believes that after seeing thousands of patients – if patients want implants on the top jaw, they are best served with a Fixed solution, ie. The All on Four. There are many reasons for this, but for the maxilla, the costs are very similar versus removable and fixed, but the RESULTS are DRASTICALLY different. We have yet to find an unhappy patient with an upper All on Four.
Contact Us Today!
Interested? Contact our Richardson, TX dental office at 972 808 6008.